We’re hiring a Client Services Program Coordinator!
Society of St. Vincent de Paul – Diocesan Council of Austin
Expected Hire Date: July 1, 2017
Start Date: July 5, 2017
Accepting Applications through June 16, 2017
How to Apply: Submit thoughtful cover letter describing your desire to have gainful employment that is ministry-based, including examples of relevant personal and professional successes, and how your expertise and skill sets will be a positive addition to our team and organization. Email cover letter, resume and three current, professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: Client Services Program Coordinator or mail: P.O. Box 81511, Austin, TX 78708. Application packets must be received by June 16, 2017. Incomplete applications will not be considered. A completed application includes all three parts: customized cover letter, resume, and three references.
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul is a vibrant, growing, independent, non-profit 501(c)3 organization that provides basic aid in the form of financial assistance to help with utilities, rent, and other household expenses. Our work is done by 1,080 highly dedicated volunteers via home visits and food pantries, and culminates as $5.3 million in direct aid to 180,000 Central Texans. Volunteer efforts are strategically supported by an office staff of four professionals.
The Society was founded in France in the 1830’s as a Catholic ministry organization of social service volunteers dedicated to assisting those in need.
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul – Diocesan Council of Austin serves the Diocese of Austin, a 25-county region spanning Central Texas. In addition to Council-wide programs, the Council office manages the strategic goals of 42 conferences representing 52 parishes, organized into six regional districts. Those 42 conferences are comprised of 1,080 volunteers. The Society’s Board of Directors is a 16-member body comprised of Vincentian volunteers, including the six district presidents. Since December 2015, the Council is also the sole operator of the St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store.
We are a growing non-profit organization that is made up of highly competent team members with a passion for the ministerial mission of the Society and the daily work on behalf of our Central Texas neighbors in need.
The Client Services Program Coordinator is responsible for the efficient and effective coordination and management of the volunteers, Food Pantry and Client Services programs at the VFC. The successful candidate will have a firm understanding and willingness to practice and work in a servant leadership environment. This position is a front-line greeter to those we serve and our volunteers, employees and contractors, and collaborative partners. It requires providing high levels of customer service to our Central Texas neighbors in need and the members of our various stakeholder groups. This work will be done through effective communication, strategic alignment of best practices and goals, and overall support of volunteer and professional leadership within a collaborative and spiritual framework.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Based on intentional direction and priorities given by the Executive Director, strategically manage client operations effectively and efficiently within the overall vision for the VFC.
Be the main point of contact for volunteers, interns and other client services providers.
- Recruit, train and schedule volunteers for Food Pantry and other client services.
- Train and oversee reception volunteers and interns in proper procedures for greeting and assisting clients/ neighbors in person and over the phone.
- Conduct monthly volunteer orientation sessions.
- Manage food pantry, including ordering supplies for pantry, maintaining proper credentials and certifications for food handling, and working with food pantry vendors. Manage Central Texas Food Bank data and reporting.
- Manage and maintain CMS data reporting.
- Manage bus pass program including tracking and reporting monthly TEF bus pass distribution.
- Manage Austin Energy Plus One Program.
- Establish processes and procedures to coordinate efficient service flow and solutions to serve clients.
- Answer phones and emails in a timely and courteous manner.
- Maintain budgets and expense reports for all client services budget line items.
- Maintain utmost levels of privacy and confidentiality of all Society and tenant data, intellectual property, client and membership information.
- Be an active and collaborative team member of the Council staff.
- Be an engaged participant in staff meetings and discussions. Stay informed of internal and relevant external current events, news and issues.
- The Client Services Program Coordinator will meet or exceed measurable benchmark expectations of this position including overall successes of office operations based on key indicators – to be evaluated at 6 months, one year and then annually. This position reports directly to the Council Executive Director.
- Hourly, non-exempt 40 hour work week
- Some scheduled evenings and weekend meetings (approximately 5 – 8 hours per month) and some off-hour meetings are planned by other people, in advance, and are considered required components of the position.
- Approximately 30 minutes per day in off-hour email correspondence.
- This position may involve lifting, (up to 25 lbs.), bending, standing, walking, sitting, talking, hearing, reaching, climbing stairs and grasping. This position may work around youth and adults with a moderate exposure to noise. This position will work a combination of indoors in a climate controlled environment and outdoors.
- Minimum of 3 years direct work experience with at least one characteristic of: non-profit organization or government agency, volunteer coordination and management, property management and facility support specifically for a social service agency, collaborative work space/office, or lead scheduler/meeting coordinator.
- Have or the ability to obtain a Texas Food Handler License.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented.
- Conduct Society business in a professional, respectful manner.
- Must be flexible and adaptable.
- Must have experience in a management or supervisory position.
- Experience with recruiting, training and managing volunteers.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and be willing to learn to use job specific software.
- Ability to pass a background check through the Diocese of Austin.
- Willingness to take and stay current with the Diocese’s Ethics and Integrity in Ministry (EIM) training. Clean background and drug screen.
- Applicants must be comfortable with, and in support of, Vincentian Spirituality, the tenets of Catholic social justice teaching, prayer, and working with and for individuals within a spiritual, social ministry.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Experience may substitute for education.
- Expert at multi-tasking.
- Stellar references from employers, co-workers and direct supervisors.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, issues facing those who work with the low income persons, those who are in poverty, and the related political, moral and ethical landscapes in Central Texas.
- Applicants with conversational bilingual Spanish or better fluency will be given priority.
- While being a practicing Catholic is not a required job qualification, a successful applicant will be able to readily describe his/her spiritual/religious life and specifically his/her ability to support professional staff and the 1,080 volunteers who do this work because of the opportunity for Catholic spiritual development and growth.
- The most successful candidates will have ample direct experience in coordinating client services and managing volunteers. He/She will be able to readily demonstrate the willingness and ability to work within a collaborative model of servant leadership, including hard working professional staff and very diverse group of stakeholders who are collaborative partners, retired professionals, passionate long term volunteers, church staff and Catholic priests.
Download full job description here: Client Services Program Coordinator Job Description
Download full job posting here: Client Services Program Coordinator Job Posting